YEAR-END TRIP : HONG KONG

What is up, errbody! It's time for another (short) travel blogpost!! It is all about our "year-end" trip in Hong Kong and Ma...



What is up, errbody! It's time for another (short) travel blogpost!! It is all about our "year-end" trip in Hong Kong and Macau last December 27th to 31st. (It's actually my second time in the country) I know it's really late for me to post this but as they always say, It's better to be late than never..

** also, I'd be including the vlog that I posted on my Facebook page so keep reading 'til the end





 We rode a cable car to the "Tian Tan Buddha"-which is a famous landmark in Hong Kong- and I honestly enjoyed the astounding view. Soaring high above the water and the mountains seemed to calm me. And it was cold, which was a bonus because it's something I'm not really used to, despite the hot weather in the Philippines.


The "Tian Tan Buddha" also known as Big Buddha is a humongous bronze statue of a buddha. Personally, I call it the 'high five' buddha. I guess you could already see why.. *winks*. It is located at Ngong Ping, Lantau Island. It is a pretty cool island 'cause you get to do amazing stuff around there.




We also went to the Victoria Peak, which is a mountain in Hong Kong. And we travelled up by riding a sky tram which is really cool. I clearly remember that I've been here during my first time in Hong Kong because I remembered the tram. Oh, and you can see by the picture that the view is soo breathtaking. I swear, I fell in love with the sight. City lights never fail to amaze me.



On our fourth day, we went to Macau!! And I swear, I got really excited because I really wanted to go to Macau (and yes, I picked Macau over Disneyland just because i've never been here before).
So we took an hour long ferry ride to Macau and spent the whole day there.





I learned that Macau was actually a Portugese territory and was influenced by Portugese culture. We checked out these tourist spots, and the highlight was the Ruins of St. Paul's which was one of the largest catholic churches in Asia. I loved the whole stone facade look, it was truly mesmerizing.




VLOG


You Might Also Like

0 comments